I Eat Fish, Watch Movies

Monday, November 27, 2006

Untitled, Like The White Album

Looking Back
My last few blog entries appear to have been a bit too rambly for their own good. Probably pays to at least read over what I've written before publishing.

Holiday Viewing
Aiming to watch the director's cut of Abyss (probably the only James Cameron film I haven't seen aside from his underwater documentaries and Piranha II) and the first proper Spielberg feature Duel this week. Oh and MOVIE NIGHT. Possibly Saturday. Leave it free or die. Godfather: Part II and Blue Velvet likely. Maybe The Conversation thrown in for good measure if people's eyeballs are still in tact. Intact? In-tact? Will investigate.

Holiday Movie-ing
On the production front, began properly editing our 48-hours film yesterday after a bit of looking through what files we have and identifying weaknesses in the film. Basically did a rough cut of the deleted dog-sequence, explaining the missing briefcase which nobody watching questioned anyway, and deleted one scene no longer necessary without the requirements of the 48-hours competition and one scene that made absolutely no sense. Still not sure exactly how to tie it all together yet though. We don't quite have a shot showing the protagonist getting up after getting flung from the car to my knowledge. Hmm. After that I need to go back and fix the very end, which killed the film, and the beach sequence to restore a few shots that didn't make the cut and of course Janko's "epic" speech that was cut down for time. And then comes the SOUND editing.

This week I'll be pressing forward with planning for Lemontree. I now have people firmly in mind for the three roles, but only having spoken to Dennis briefly at Sam's 21st I should probably get on with discussing it with these people and seeing if they would be willing to participate before I end up with a shoot and no actors. The film basically centers around a young man, let's call him Tony so I can play Tony's Theme in the end credits, who is stalked by something under his bed sheets, has his lunch escape from his lunchbox while distracted by balloons and meets a girl who shares his interest in Led Zeppelin. Only really need a house (mine), a bus stop (as does every student film apparently, but I will avoid any of the cliched sequences here so don't ye be rolling your eyes) and a park with trees to seem forrest-y (bottom of Macleans or something) as far as locations go. On and a garden with a lemon tree, probably mine again maybe. Still think it might be rather hard to pull off though, but without a challenge I don't see the point in making it.

And I SWEAR I'll finish My Eyes Were Clearer On Sunday of whatever the fuck it's called (that 'waiting' movie with Sonny & Rikky & Dennis & Michael from around 2002) when I get my firewire back from Simon. Promise.

Also made a start on the second draft of my long-in-development script about a man in a bear costume. I think I'll end up actually filming someone walking around the city in a bear costume (ala the Creative Writing mask exercise) acting in character at some point just to gauge people's actual responses on the streets, in shops etc. to help with that.

Sweet
Got all my marks back from Uni now, handily beating my expectations. Especially Management. I only finished one of the three essays in the exam and got an A-. What the hell? I don't just mean I "mostly" finished the other two essays and maybe missed the conclusions. I mean I did half of essay two and between a quarter and a third of essay three. Seriously. So yeah, with an A- in Maths that's 3 A- 1 A and 1 A+, a good haul for someone only expecting one A-range grade (Creative Writing) and maybe a C+ for Management. Given the fact I had next to no time to study for 3 of my 4 exams due to a compact and early exam schedule (shortly after my writing portfolio was due in) and I hated 2 of those subjects with a vengeance (and also Maths, the 4th exam) I'm quite stunned to be honest.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good day !.
    You may , probably curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
    There is no need to invest much at first. You may start to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

    AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
    The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

    Its head office is in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
    Do you want to become a happy investor?
    That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

    I feel good, I began to take up real money with the help of this company,
    and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct partner who uses your money in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
    I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
    It`s easy to join , just click this link http://ogelisyc.1accesshost.com/irywywe.html
    and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello!
    You may probably be very curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
    There is no initial capital needed.
    You may commense to get income with a money that usually goes
    for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
    I have been participating in one project for several years,
    and I'll be glad to share my secrets at my blog.

    Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

    P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per day now.

    http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

javascript hit counter