I Eat Fish, Watch Movies

Friday, March 10, 2006

The Post Where I Cheat And Steve Lopez Makes You Laugh

My posts are becoming short and infrequent. I really have no time left to write anything tonight either, but as part of a determined effort not to let that stop me, I shall cheat and link you to the best thing I've read in a while on some other site. This is from Steve Lopez of the L.A. Times and if you've seen the movie Crash and didn't feel the Best Picture Oscar win was warranted, this may go some way to ease the pain with some sharp and, well, comforting humour - just to let you know that you're not alone in your criticism ;)

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-me-lopez8mar08,1,1907743.column?ctrack=1&cset=true

As I pulled into the parking lot, Latino, Asian, white and black patrons were coming and going without apparent incident, but it was early. I got out of my car, looked both ways, and dived for cover when I saw an Asian driver enter the parking lot. Whewwww! Still in one piece, I spied a suspicious black man standing in the parking lot next to a car. Burglar?Or was it worse? Was he reaching into the glove box for a pistol, planning to knock off Yoshinoya and pistol-whip customers for their teriyaki chicken bowls?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

And where does he work? South-Central L.A., he said. He's got a cellphone shop, and his customers are black and Latino, and against all odds, none of them have attacked each other or beaten him over the head. If you can believe him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

javascript hit counter