I Eat Fish, Watch Movies

Thursday, March 09, 2006

I Have Better Things To Do

Date Movie
Considering how little time I seem to have with all the assorted goings-on that I'm currently caught up in, I was rather foolish in deciding to spend a couple of hours after class at the cinema before going home the other day, perhaps even regarding my original plan to see Syriana. You see, the lines were surprisingly long. And because of that, by the time I got to the front of the queue the damn movie would have already started. Not wanting to miss five minutes of what has frequently been described as the most complex and confusing plot ever conceived, I looked at the monitors above the counter to see what else was starting. Hustle & Flow - could have seen that. But if I wasn't seeing Syriana then I wanted to be home for dinner so I could get on with at least one-third of the 6,418 tasks that awaited me. What was short? Oh look. Date Movie. Maybe that could be funny, like the Scary Movie movies?

Maybe not.

This is the worst movie I've seen in seven years. It has three good sequences, totalling maybe 2 minutes, in its entire running time (Napolean Dynamite, Kill Bill, Mr. & Mrs. Smith parodies that randomly work really well). Not a single scene smoothly connects with the next. Awful. Awful awful awful. Complete and utter failure. Even when Scary Movie 3 has jokes that fall flat (which happens frequently) you're still chuckling often enough to be entertained, and the movie actually works as a movie. Date Movie is a disjointed pile of crap. Absolutely awful on every level. I prefer The Ring 2 and Advent Children to this movie. Seriously. They were better incompetent failures.

F or 0 out of 5.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

javascript hit counter