I Eat Fish, Watch Movies

Friday, January 12, 2007

Dear Reader

An Apology
I read over yesterday's blog entry this morning and considered deleting it. In case you were fortunate enough to have avoided it, it reads like this:

"I had some experience with music today that I'm not making an effort to properly articulate in any interesting way and am basically saying nothing."

"By the way, some Simpsons episode was mediocre, as opposed to bad. Now that I have established this as a relevant subject, I can finally write that thing I've been meaning to say for weeks since I last saw the Who Shot Mr. Burns? episode regarding why the Simpsons movie should be like that, but as many weeks have passed by I have forgotten what my main points were and am basically saying nothing."

"Hmm, uh... this is going nowhere... Movies to look forward to in 2007, that could be interesting. Well, could be, but it doesn't mean I'll make any effort to ensure that's the case. In fact, let's write as little as possible, and basically say nothing beyond listing a few titles, quite pathetic for someone so passionate about cinema. But what the hey."

I've thought it over and reconsidered. I think I need the post to stay, and I might even link the main page to it just as a reminder to myself to stop wasting people's time by writing uninteresting bullshit - it'll serve as a reference point whenever I think I might be scraping the bottom of the barrel. Last year when I was writing for I Love Lamp there was a point where we were getting 150-200 hits a day and yeah, with that kind of audience you kind of have to stay on your toes because it's like standing up in front of a small assembly and babbling on about meandering bullshit: if you don't make an effort, and who the hell's gonna come back for more? Especially when it's an assembly, because at assemblies you get sore legs and buttocks and it smells like feet. Well I hadn't checked StatCounter for a while but I found that a surprising fair few unfortunate souls visited here yesterday for whatever reason, albiet many were brief accidental-stumblers from America possibly eager to escape being sent to Iraq, but that's kind of aided yesterday's entry in becoming somewhat of a wake-up call telling me that I shouldn't be vomiting out chunks for dull uninspired nothingness on too regular a basis because it's a waste of a lot of people's time. Where's the passion? The fire? Where the hell did the all-important














go? If I'm gonna talk about why Grindhouse is worth seeing, I shouldn't be listing off a few features like I'm selling a Toyota. I should be calling it for what it is: the most badass you'll-literally-exit-the-theatre-in-a-fuckin'-wheel-chair thing you'll see all year. Let me see that face again:



Ladies and gentlemen, that's Grindhouse.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well said.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

javascript hit counter